Google’s BigQuery allows you to share a dataset to Kubit securely through Service Account. Because BigQuery separates computing from storage, Kubit will cover the cost of querying and won’t impact your SLA.
Share a Dataset
- Kubit can create the service account for you and provide you with a Kubit Service Account Email, typically in the format of <YOUR_ORG>@kubit-oauth.iam.gserviceaccount.com
Alternatively, you can create the Service Account yourself and share the JSON key file with Kubit. Please make sure to add
[email protected]to "Service account users role" in step 3 "Grant user access to this service account (Optional)".
- In the BigQuery console, select a dataset from Resources, then click SHARE DATASET near the right side of the window.
- In the Share dataset panel, in the Dataset permissions tab, enter the previously created Kubit Service Account Email to the Add members field. Then select the role BigQuery Data Viewer, click Add, then click DONE.
- If you need to share multiple datasets from different GCP projects, you can just use the same Kubit Service Account Email when sharing every dataset.
- Finally, please also share the project id(s) with Kubit.
Create Service Account
Enable BigQuery API
- If you haven’t done so yet, please go to Google Cloud API & Services - Dashboard. Click “+ ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES”
- Search for “BigQuery API”
- Select it and click ENABLE
- Open the credentials page in Google Cloud Platform API Manager (if needed, select your target project from the dropdown list on the top).
- Click “CREATE CREDENTIALS” and choose “Service account”
- Enter “Kubit” as the name for the service account. Then click CREATE.
- Note: "Service account email" shown on the screen (e.g. kubit-###@<GCP-PROJECT_NAME>.iam.gserviceaccount.com) is "Kubit Service Account Email"
- Enter [email protected] as “Service account users role”. Click DONE.
Select the newly created Service account. Click Keys - ADD KEY - Create new key.
- Select JSON in the popup window. Click CREATE.
- A JSON private key file will be downloaded to your computer.
Please send this file to Kubit securely!
- Click CLOSE.
Updated 9 days ago