Segment is a popular choice for event instrumentation. If you are using Segment, you can share your event data with Kubit in a couple of ways:
- By configuring a Segment destination to a Kubit Snowflake account.
- If you are already storing the Segment event tables in Snowflake/BigQuery/Redshift/Databricks you can also share them with Kubit following the corresponding Secure Data Sharing guide.
- Kubit will provide you with the Snowflake credentials for the destination.
- Follow the Connect Snowflake to Segment steps to add the destination.
- Segment will start syncing the last 30 days' worth of data for each shared table.
Once you configure the Snowflake destination, the initial sync can take up to 48h. If you are on their Business tier you can also configure the sync schedule.
Optionally, to also share historical data you can use a Segment feature called Replay.
There is one caveat in this case and it is that Segment tends to create 1 table for each event type, sometimes resulting in hundreds of tables containing events. Here's a couple of solutions to consider:
Updated 10 months ago